NZ Pine (Arsenic FREE) Decking
Cost Effective, Healthy (Arsenic Free) Alternative To Regular Pine Decking That You Will Enjoy For Years.
Nature Deck gives today’s discerning builder, DIYer and homeowner an arsenic free, chrome free, sustainably sourced option when considering a decking solution for outdoor space. Preserved to H3.2 level natureDeck is a durable, low maintenance and cost effective decking material that you will enjoy for years.
Ease of installation
“The responsible, natural choice to keep your family safe.”
Buy direct from manufacturer and save hundreds.
- The healthy Decking choice – Arsenic free pine decking to protect your family from nasty chemicals.
- Cost-effective alternative to imported tropical hardwoods.
- 15 year warranty – impervious to rot, decay and insect attack.
- Sustainably sourced from New Zealand forests.
- Durable and low maintenance – a few hours a year is all it takes to keep your deck looking great.
- Suitable for many architectural designs – use the traditional reeded face or smooth face – install
- Naturally durable hardwood – chemical free
- Buy direct from manufacturer and save hundreds.
Ventilation around the decking timber is important to allow for adequate air flow and will help extend the life and performance of the deck. The deck should have at least 450mm clearance from the ground. This, in conjunction with suitable spacing, will allow for suitable ventilation. In wet areas or over water, additional clearance is recommended.
- natureDeck 90x21mm profile decking boards should be installed with a 400 to 450mm joist spacing.
- The natureDeck 88×27 and 140x27mm decking can be installed with a 400 to 600mm spacing and no wider
- Joist should be clean and sound with screws that penetrate at least 35mm into the decking to achieve a good hold
- In average New Zealand climatic conditions, the natureDeck range should be installed with a 4mm space between boards. This is to allow for some minor shrinkage as the boards acclimatise, which will also allow for drainage of any surface water and provide good air circulation.. NB: These are recommendations only, an allowance for regional climatic conditions should also be factored in.
Note: These are recommendations only. An allowance for regional climatic conditions should also be factored in.
In order to minimize surface checking, cupping and discolouration we often recommend the decking boards be coated on all four sides. This will slow moisture transference into and out of the wood. Proper coatings can vastly decrease the maintenance required on your decking.
NB: Boards should be free of all surface marks and stains before coating. End sealing will help minimize splitting and “checking” on the ends of the boards.
Fixings We strongly recommend the use of stainless-steel screws for fixing your decking to the frame. For the widest natureDeck profile 140x27mm, screws are essential. Onestopdeckshop now has Steel TT Coated ACQ screws, these are extremely economical option, speak to a Wood Guru to see if these will suit your project. The narrow and wide profiles of natureDeck both require two screws per board per joist.
Maintenance Cleaning & Washing
Softwood decks should be cleaned with a stiff brush at least once a year to clear gaps and remove surface mould which can be a slip hazard in wet weather. Keeping the deck clear of leaf litter, moving pot plants or other large objects that may hold moisture to the top of the deck, is also important for the life of the deck. Decking can be water blasted BUT it is important to do so at a low pressure so as not to damage the fibres of the board by going too hard or too close. Care must be taken not to stop at the end of the stroke but to lift the nozzle away when changing direction.
Removing dirt and mould prior to coating is easy with One Stop Deck Shop Deck Clean, a simple 4 step system that ensures your deck is ready for coating, One Stop Deck Shop Deck Clean active restoration agent is the recommended product for general cleaning. Follow manufacturer’s instructions.
Re coating. Always follow the manufacturer’s specification for re-coating. We recommend clear or light colours as dark colours will heat up and put more stress on the decking.