NZ Pine (Arsenic FREE) Decking
Cost Effective, Healthy (Arsenic Free) Alternative To Regular Pine Decking That You Will Enjoy For Years.
Nature Deck gives today’s discerning builder, DIYer and homeowner an arsenic free, chrome free, sustainably sourced option when considering a decking solution for outdoor space. Preserved to H3.2 level natureDeck is a durable, low maintenance and cost effective decking material that you will enjoy for years.
Ease of installation
“The responsible, natural choice to keep your family safe.”
Buy direct from manufacturer and save hundreds.
- The healthy Decking choice – Arsenic free pine decking to protect your family from nasty chemicals.
- Cost-effective alternative to imported tropical hardwoods.
- 15 year warranty – impervious to rot, decay and insect attack.
- Sustainably sourced from New Zealand forests.
- Durable and low maintenance – a few hours a year is all it takes to keep your deck looking great.
- Suitable for many architectural designs – use the traditional reeded face or smooth face – install
- Naturally durable hardwood – chemical free
- Buy direct from manufacturer and save hundreds.
Ventilation around the decking timber is important to allow for adequate air flow and will help extend the life and performance of the deck. The deck should have at least 450mm clearance from the ground. This, in conjunction with suitable spacing, will allow for suitable ventilation. In wet areas or over water, additional clearance is recommended.
- 19mm decking boards should be installed at a maximum 450mm joist centres.
- 32mm decking can be on up to 600mm joist centres.
- Joists should be clean and sound and the screws should penetrate at least 40mm into the joists to achieve good holding.
- Pre-drilling and counter-sinking is essential to avoid end splits.
- In average New Zealand climatic conditions 90x19mm and 140×19 decking should be spaced with 4mm between boards. This is to allow for some minor shrinkage as the boards acclimatise, which will allow for drainage of surface water and air circulation.
Note: These are recommendations only. An allowance for regional climatic conditions should also be factored in.
In order to minimize surface checking, cupping and discolouration we often recommend the decking boards be coated on all four sides. This will slow moisture transference into and out of the wood. Proper coatings can vastly decrease the maintenance required on your decking.
NB: Boards should be free of all surface marks and stains before coating. End sealing will help minimize splitting and “checking” on the ends of the boards.
We strongly recommend use of stainless steel screws for fixing your decking to the deck frame.
For 140×19 decking SCREWS ARE ESSENTIAL. We recommend 60mm (for 19mm) stainless steel screw through the pre-drilled face of each board, two per joist.
For 90×19 decking screws are also recommended.
Maintenance Cleaning & Washing
Softwood decks should be cleaned with a stiff brush at least once a year to clear gaps and remove surface mould which can be a slip hazard in wet weather. Keeping the deck clear of leaf litter, moving pot plants or other large objects that may hold moisture to the top of the deck, is also important for the life of the deck. Decking can be water blasted BUT it is important to do so at a low pressure so as not to damage the fibres of the board by going too hard or too close. Care must be taken not to stop at the end of the stroke but to lift the nozzle away when changing direction.
Removing dirt and mould prior to coating is easy with One Stop Deck Shop Deck Clean, a simple 4 step system that ensures your deck is ready for coating, One Stop Deck Shop Deck Clean active restoration agent is the recommended product for general cleaning. Follow manufacturer’s instructions.
Re coating. Always follow the manufacturer’s specification for re-coating. We recommend clear or light colours as dark colours will heat up and put more stress on the decking.